Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Fresh chicken wings may be substituted for frozen. Great appetizer.
- 4 lbs frozen chicken wings, thawed
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Place chicken wings in a shallow dish or zip-top plastic freezer bag. Whisk together orange juice and next 6 ingredients.
- Add 1 cup orange juice mixture to wings; reserve remaining mixture for later use.
- Cover or seal, and chill 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Grill wings, covered with grill lid, over medium high heat 17 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Bring reserved orange juice mixture to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until mixture is reduced by half.
- Toss warm chicken wings with 1/4 cup reduced orange juice mixture; transfer to serving platter and sprinkle with chopped green onions.
- Serve chicken wings warm with remaining orange juice mixture.
Great tasting sauce!! I used fresh chicken wings, I grated fresh ginger and added some crushed chilies to replace the hot sauce, oops!! forgot the green onion garnish! I baked them in the oven at 350, they turned out fine. I cooked 2 pounds of wings, but made the sauce as indicated, we dipped the wings in the reduced sauce, veeeery good!! I love citrus and really enjoyed the flavours of orange, ginger and soy, great combo!