Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 cup chopped vidalia onions or 1 cup other sweet onion
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups diced red plums
- 1 cup diced granny smith apple
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduced heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and cook for 3 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates, stirring frequently.
- Place the onion mixture in a bowl, and cool to room temperature.
- Stir in the plum and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and chill.