Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Awesome onion rings from Mr. Food.
Top Review by pdgall
I like it with the cayenne pepper it gives it a nice bite to the onions rings, These are awsome and the batter stays on the oinons rings too. I have made these many times, and my kids says there is no comparing to restrantant ones pdgall
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups club soda
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 2 large sweet yellow onions, cut into 3/8 inch slices and separated into rings
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, cayenne and salt; stir to mix.
- Whisk in the club soda.
- In a large saucepan or electric skillet, heat 2 inches of oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- Dip each onion ring into the batter; allow excess batter to drip back into the bowl.
- Place battered onion ring into hot oil; fry a few at a time for 5-6 minutes or until golden.
- Drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Serve hot.