Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
An excellent mustard, good with meats and cheeses. Great for a gift basket too. Source: Canadian Living
- 1 cup dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- In food processor or blender, blend mustard, sugar, maple syrup, oil, vinegar and salt until smooth. With motor running, add water, scraping down side of bowl as necessary.
- Fill decorative jar or jars; seal.
- Use immediately for hot mustard or store at room temperature for 2 weeks before using for mild mustard.
- Make-ahead: Store at room temperature for up to 6 months.
Camera-less Chef Game #4 - I halved the recipe and didn't use a blender on this at all. I sifted the mustard into a bowl, then added the brown sugar and salt and mixed it all thoroughly and then added the liquid. From what I tasted, I can't wait to actually use this. I used Coleman's dry mustard which is hot to begin with and stays hot, so waiting two weeks to use it will only make it hotter! This was very easy to put together and will definitely be making this again. Thanks Elly!