- 3 granny smith apples
- 2 serrano chili peppers, seeded
- 1 poblano chile, seeded
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 shallots
- 473.18 ml rice wine vinegar
- 177.44 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 9.85 ml fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and core apples; finely chop apples, peppers, and shallots.
- In a saucepan, combine vinegar and sugar; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Add in apple, peppers, and shallots; boil 20 minutes or until most of liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice; cool.
- Serve warm or at room temperature; store in refrigerator up to 1 week in an airtight container.