Recipe by ellamint
Alot of recipes call for long simmering times, but often I don't have the time to wait so this is a shorter version, which still taste great. It is on the sweeter side, but it still has an earthy flavor.
Top Review by mrsfirebird
I have been trying so many different spaghetti sauces lately. After making this one, my husband told me I have to stop. There is no more trying because this is the sauce. I agree. This was so much better than anything you can buy at the store. I also added more brown sugar to suit our tastes and it was delicious. Thanks for sharing.
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (30 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 0.5 (28 ounce) canhunts crushed tomatoes
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 -3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 -3 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet, add onion and garlic and saute till golden.
- Add to garlic and onions tomato sauce, paste, water, and crushed tomatoes and stir until blended.
- Add green pepper, brown sugar(dark brown sugar home-made from 3 tbls. molasses and 1 cup sugar tastes great in this sauce),pepper, salt, oregano, basil, parsley, and garlic seasoning.
- Stir until seasonings are blended and simmer on med-low heat covered 45 min stirring occasionally.
- Have a taste and add more seasonings if you desire.