I have spent two years enjoying Steven Raichlen's BBQ books. The other day I blended two sauce recipes from his BBQ USA and it turned out so well, I made a quadruple batch and jarred it. It is very sweet, so you ncan certainly cut the lemon juice/lime juice down by far. I ran out of lemon juice, hence the lime juice, but think the lime helped adda nice flavor. Enjoy and let me know your thoughts!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices bacon, Finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup firmly pakced brown sugar
- 1 -3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 -3 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Heat medium sauce pan over medium high heat.
- 2Add chopped Bacon and cook until fat begins to render down.
- 3Add Onions.
- 4Cook and stir until Bacon and Onions are golden brown.
- 5Remove from heat and allow to cool while prepping the remaining ingredients.
- 6Combine remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk until mixed.
- 7Add remaining ingredients to sauce pan with Bacon and Onion.
- 8Heat gradually at medium to simmer.
- 9Simmer for about 10 minutes until thickened.
- 10(You can strain to remove Bacon and Onion chunks for smoother sauce).
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Easy BBQ Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (788 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 430.3
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 10.2 mg
- Sodium 1984.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 81.2 g
- Protein 5.4 g