Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe from Splenda. I have been making a variation of this same type of non-canning recipe for years. You can adjust the sweetener or jalapenos to what you like.
- 7 kirby cucumbers or 7 pickling cucumbers, quartered
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 whole clove
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 1 teaspoon peeled chopped fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- Place quartered pickles in a clean 1-quart canning jar. Set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small saucepan. Simmer over low heat until salt dissolves.
- Pour hot pickling juice over pickles to fill jar. Cover tightly with lid and refrigerate 4-5 days before serving. Pickle flavor and sweetness intensity increase over time.
Sounds Good. Can these be canned using the Splenda for longer shelf life? Thanks -Dee