Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1⁄2 fresh pineapple, peeled,cored and cut in half horizontally
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 1 green bell pepper, halved and seeded
- 2 (16 ounce) cans baked beans
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 slices hickory smoked bacon, chopped (optional)
- grill pineapple, onion and bell pepper on a lightly greased grill rack over medium high heat 5 minutes on each side or until tender; chop.
- place pineapple mixture, beans, brown sugar, mustard, salt and bacon, if desired, in a heavy oven safe 4-5 quart dutch oven; stir to combine.
- grill over medium low heat 30 minutes or until mixture is thickened and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.