1 hr 5 mins
America's Test Kitchen
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Adjust oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 400°.
- 2Generously coat an 8-inch square baking pan with vegetable oil spray.
- 3Whisk the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together in a large bowl.
- 4Process the buttermilk, corn, brown sugar, and eggs in a food processor until combined, about 5 seconds.
- 5Gently fold the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture, then fold in the melted butter until just combined.
- 6Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- 7Bake until deep golden brown and a pick inserted into the middle comes out with a few crumbs attached, about 35 minutes.
- 8Let the cornbread cool in the pan for 10 minutes before unmolding onto a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Cakey Northern Cornbread (America's Test Kitchen)
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.6
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 104.3 mg
- Sodium 544.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 9.7 g