Recipe by startnover
I went on a search for a good sweet(ish) Macaroni salad. I realize I am not capable of leaving a recipe alone so this is my version. I also do not love eggs but the fam does so they say that the eggs must be added!
Top Review by supernova
This taste so good, I halved the recipe and added an extra hardboiled egg (we like eggs), also i didn't have any celery seed, so i had to make this without it, it still turned out very good, but i will deffinitly buy some celery seed, so i have it the next time i make this. I'll be making this recipe alot, thank you for sharing this recipe homegirl.
- 1 lb salad macaroni
- 4 hard-boiled eggs (chopped)
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 3 celery ribs, diced small
- 1 small sweet pepper, seeded and diced small (red or orange)
- 2 cups light mayonnaise (do not use Miracle Whip)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish (mine had tabasco in it for a kick)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- paprika (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the macaroni according to directions, drain well.
- While pasta is cooking mix up all the dressing ingredients till well blended and set aside.
- Chop up all the veggies.
- When macaroni has cooled and drained well mix in the dressing (add all of it if you like very creamy salad.if you don't like a lot of dressing leave out about 1/2-3/4 c of the dressing. Remember that as it sets it will soak up some of the dressing.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour, the longer you let it set the better the flavor. Overnight is not to long! Servings are approximately Does not include cook time or the chill time.