Recipe by Rita~
Served hot or delicious served cold with a dollop of yogurt. Garnish with a Nip of Cream Sherry swirled into the soup just before serving and then top with garnish.
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 acorn squash, peel seeded
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml butter
- 354.88 ml apple juice
- 473.18 ml vegetarian broth or 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 1 apple, peeled cored,and chopped
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- white pepper
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 0.25 ml of fresh grated nutmeg
- 4.92 ml brown sugar or 4.92 ml maple syrup
- yogurt or sour cream (to garnish)
- grated nutmeg (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion,carrot, and squash in the butter and oil for 2 minutes.
- Add the apple juice, chicken stock, apple and seasoning.
- Cook until vegetable are tender,add heavy cream, warm, then puree in blender.
- Serve warm or cold with yogurt on side.
- Garnish with grated nutmeg.