Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great yummy dish that my mom made last night for dinner. It was the best squash that I have ever eaten. Great alone, or paired with mashed potatoes and chicken!
- Cut squash in half, clean out center.
- Place 1/4 teaspoon of butter in the center of each squash, do the same with the oil.
- In each half of squash place corn syrup and brown sugar.
- then place apple sauce in squash till hole in center is full. Place a dollop of extra butter on top if desired.
- Place in baking pan with 2 inches of water inside.
- Bake in 400F degree oven for an hour or until lightly golden.