Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great recipe that was given to me by a friend.What is different about it is that it does not have any butter milk in it like most recipes.What a great taste. Good for St.Patrick's Day.
- Put raisins in a small saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Drain water off raisins.
- Mix sour cream with milk.
- In large bowl, mix all dry ingredients.
- Add raisins to dry ingredients.
- Add sour cream and milk to dry ingredients.
- Mix until all flour is absorbed (batter will be sticky).
- Place batter in 8 or 9 inch round spring cake pan.
- Cut shape of cross in top to allow steam to escape while baking.
- Bake 1 hour @ 350 degrees.