Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
Found on vegweb.com. These cookies are a vegan adaptation of a recipe by the author's grandmother. Posted for ZWT6 so that the vegans in the tour have some recipe options :) The preparation time includes the chilling time.
- 1 cup vegan margarine, room temperature (recipe's author uses Earth Balance)
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream earth balance vegan margarine with 1/4 cup powdered sugar, add water and vanilla and mix.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Finally mix in pecans. (The batter will appear dry!).
- Form into 1-inch diameter balls, place on an ungreased cookie sheet and chill for one hour.
- Bake in a slow oven (roughly 300 degrees Fahrenheit) for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- While still hot, roll in remaining confectioners' sugar.
- Store in an airtight container.