I loooove swedish meatballs, but I don't love all that fatty beef and thick gravy sauce sticking to my thighs! Even though this is a healthy makeover dish, it is just as good, if not better, than the original! I always pack the meatballs together tightly before placing them in the pan, and turn them over halfway through the cooking time. Also, sometimes I make the gravy sauce in a crockpot and let the cooked meatballs stew in there for a few hours. Just a few suggestions! Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large bowl, combine eggbeaters, water, rolled oats, onion, salt, pepper, worcestershire sauce.
- Add ground turkey and mix it all well.
- Form into meatballs about 1” in diameter and place on a broiler pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until meatballs are no longer pink in center.
- While meatballs are cooking, pour soup into a pot and dilute with 1 can of water.
- Add milk and stir.
- When the meatballs are done, add them to the gravy sauce and let cook together for about 15 minutes.