Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is the most requested recipe in our household. It is the result of many attempts to get the right combination of seasonings for turkey instead of hamburger meatballs that still have that Swedish meatball taste. We much prefer the taste to the original hamburger recipe.
- 2 lbs ground turkey (7% lean)
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 2 -3 cups home made white sauce
- hot cooked egg noodles
- Combine the first ten ingredients and shape into 1 1/2" meatballs.
- In a large non-stick Dutch oven, brown meatballs in 1 tbsp of butter, turning carefully every few minutes to brown all sides, maintaining meatball shape.
- Add chicken broth and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add white sauce.
- (Note: I have used cream gravy or 2 cans cream soup such as mushroom or chicken to substitute for the white sauce. Both options work very well.) Stir, heat and serve over hot cooked egg noodles.
We enjoyed these meatballs for a nice change. I used cream of celery soup instead of the white sauce, turned out very nice, the seasonings were nice but could be a little stronger. Another time I think I would add some pepper flakes to give them a little zing. Thanks for sharing.
We really enjoyed this recipe. I don't care for lemon pepper seasoning so I used 1/2 tsp each dried thyme, tarragon, and black pepper. I only had one can of condensed cream of mushroom soup, so I used one serving of Di Neal's Condensed Cream of Soup Mix (#55408). Even my picky toddler liked the noodles.
OMG - sooo good! Coming from a beef farm, I made this with home grown ground beef. So good, my picky eater twin daughters kept asking for more. I used the sauce from Recipe #97674 By wizkid. This has instantly become a family favorite. Uber Yummy!!!