- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley or 2 tablespoons dill or 2 tablespoons celery tops
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel tomatoes, slice thin and arrange on a serving plate or on individual salad plates.
- Sprinkle tomatoes with salt, pepper, scallions and parsley.
- Mix mustard with vinegar and sugar; gradually stir in sour cream. Taste for seasoning.
- Spoon dressing over tomatoes. Lift tomato slices around so the dressing penetrates all slices.
- Chill a few hours before serving.