Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Essentially a griddle bread. Recipe from cooks.com and posted her for ZWT. Sounds super easy and super yummy!
- 5 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whipping cream (500 ml box)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Mix dry ingredients together. Add cream and milk to form soft dough.
- Divide into 7 balls. Roll each ball out on floured surface using poky rolling pin.
- Fry at 400 degrees on greased GRIDDLE until browned.
- Makes approximately 28 pieces, depending upon how thinly you roll it and how you cut it after its cooked.
This was my first attempt at thin bread for my BF's Swedish and Icelandic family and it was a huge hit. If there was anything that could be considered negative it was that it was a little sweeter than they were used to, but it was actually an improvement. Will make this my go to recipe for thin bread!