1/1 Photo of Swedish Tea Ring
1 hr 30 mins
This is a wonderful brunch recipe. I like to place a warm dish of apple butter in the center when making this with apple slices.
My Private Note
large t ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups body temp. water
- 2 tablespoons dry yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup lard, melted and cooled a bit or 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 3 cups flour
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm water until dissolved.
- 2Add next three ingredients and beat well.
- 3Add egg and lard then stir.
- 4Mix in 3 1/2 cups of flour.
- 5Gradually add the rest of the flour until dough is easy to handle.
- 6Place in large bowl.
- 7Grease top of dough and cover.
- 8Refrigerate until double.
- 9(May be left overnight and used early the next morning).
- 10Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 11Punch down dough.
- 12Roll out 1/2 the dough into an oblong and butter well.
- 13Sprinkle w/ sugar and spice mix.
- 14Add fruit layer if you like.
- 15Roll up as a jellyroll.
- 16Place on large baking sheet and join ends together to form circle of dough.
- 17Using kitchen scissors, snip 2/3 way thru in 1 inch intervals.
- 18Turn sections until one sections lays on top of the next completing the ring.
- 19Let raise until double.
- 20Bake until 30 minutes or so until done.
- 21Using spatulas remove ring to seving plate while it is still very warm.
- 22Pour confectioners sugar glaze over warm ring and decorate w/ nuts, cherries etc.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swedish Tea Ring
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.5
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 21.0 mg
- Sodium 225.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 20.9 g
- Protein 4.2 g