Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
I generally make these at the major holidays, especially Christmas. They are very easy, but somewhat time consuming. (Time includes cutting out cookies and frosting time)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup light cream or 1⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, for dusting cookies
- Cut butter into flour until it resembles cornmeal.
- Stir in cream until combined.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Roll to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Cut into circles using a 2 inch round cookie cutter.
- Before baking, prick with a fork and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 375 F for 8-10 mins on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place two cookies together (sandwich-style) using you favorite butter cream frosting tinted to celebrate the season.
- Note: I like recipe #19353 Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting,