1/2 Photos of Swedish Tea Cakes
From "Company's Coming: Most Loved Treats" cookbook. As any Canadian knows, all Company's Coming cookbooks ROCK! Posted for ZWT #6...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 325 F.
- 2Cream margarine and brown sugar in a large bowl. Add egg yolk and beat well.
- 3Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Add to margarine mixture, stirring until stiff dough forms. Roll dough into balls, using 2 tsp for each.
- 4Dip balls into egg white, then roll in nuts. Arrange balls, about 2 inches apart, ona greased cookie sheet. Dent each one with your thumb.
- 5Bake for 5 minutes, then remove from oven and press dents again. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until golden. Let stand on cookie sheets for 5 minutes before moving to wire racks.
- 6Fill each dent with 1 tsp jam - if storing, store without jam and just fill the dents before serving.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swedish Tea Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.9
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 9.2 mg
- Sodium 86.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 1.8 g