Recipe by Kendra Jean's Kitchen
In the early 1950's my grandmother made this tea for me, it is still my favorite! Sweet and tangy, a real treat when the weather is in the 90's and good warmed during the freezing winter time. Enjoy! A big thanks to Grandma Prescott
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan add 1 tablespoon Lipton orange pekoe loose tea to 2 cups of water.
- Bring mixture to a low boil,.
- Add 1 cup of sugar and the juice of 1 lemon.
- Slice lemon pieces and add to mixture.
- Stir to help sugar dissolve, then turn the heat to low.
- Cover saucepan with a lid and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Do not boil.
- Strain tea mixture well and add enough water to make 1/2 gallon of tea.
- I usually triple this recipe. I divide the concentrate and refrigerate or freeze two 1/3 portions for later use. I just add water as directed above.