A tender, fragrant drop cookie (not rolled). I clipped this from a magazine many, many years ago when I went on a quest to find recipes from the countries of my various ancestors. I have no idea what magazine it was, or who submitted it or even if it's really Swedish!
- Cream together sugars, margarine and oil.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Sift together flour, soda, cream of tartar, salt, and spices.
- Mix flour and creamed mixtures well. Chill at least 1 hour, but overnight is better.
- Pinch off bits and roll into balls the size of small walnuts.
- Roll in sugar.
- Place on lightly oiled cookie sheet.
- Flatten with bottom of glass.
- Bake at 375°F until lightly browned, 10 minutes or so.
- Do not over bake.
What a delicious cookie! The spices are subtle. I cut the oil in half, and used butter instead of margarine. These baked up light and flavorful. I will make these again - everyone is enjoying them!