Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a Swedish recipe for Kladdkaka (Sticky Chocolate Cake), a rich, and gooey chocolate cake. It should serve 8 but at our house it often serves only 2...
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 300ºF (150ºC). Lightly grease an 8-inch pie plate.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt; set aside. Stir the eggs into the sugar until smooth. Add the flour mixture, and stir until combines. Pour in the vanilla extract and butter; stir until well combined. Pour into prepared pie plate.
- Bake on the lower rack of the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until the center has slightly set. Allow cake to cool for 1 hour in the pie plate. Serve warm, or refrigerate overnight and serve cold.
Very sticky, very chocolatey, very quick, very good. Thanks, Elizabeth, very good recipe.
Rich, gooey and yummy. On top of that it's very easy to make. Made for ZWT9 Soup A Stars.