Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The traditional spritz cookies, made in circles or “S” shapes. These are so buttery!
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup blanched almond, ground fine
- 2 cups sifted flour
- Cream butter and sugar very well.
- Add egg yolk and extract.
- Stir in almonds and flour a little at a time until dough is smooth and not too firm.
- Shape with a cookie press into rings or “S” shapes on buttered cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes till golden yellow in color.
- Let cookies cool on sheet.