Recipe by AB_Fan
For these you will need a cookie press. The cookie press works a lot like a Play-Doh toy, and usually comes with an assortment of round disc templates for squirting out stars, hearts, pinwheels, shamrocks, Christmas trees, deco braid, and camels - Watch out, they spit!
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened (margarine does not work well in this recipe)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- colored sugar crystals (for decoration) (optional)
- food coloring (for decoration) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Mix well.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder.
- Add to the creamed mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Do not chill.
- If you want to color the dough, separate into portions and mix in a few drops of food coloring before forming cookies. (For example, you can make green christmas trees, red hearts, yellow camels, etc.).
- Fill cooky press with dough and force dough through the press.
- You can sprinkle colored sugar on cookies before baking.
- Bake cookies at 400 degrees (F) for 8-10 minutes.