Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
A great little cookie that my mom and I make every christmas. I love these and the bring back memories of childhood.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Thoroughly Cream the Butter and Sugar.
- Add the Egg the Vanilla and Almond Extract.
- Beat Well.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together.
- Add to the creamed mixture, mix until smooth.
- Do not chill.
- DO NOT DOUBLE.
- Force Cookies through a cookie press onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Decorate the cookies with redhots, sprinkles or whatever you like.
- Bake in a 400 oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool on newspaper.
- These freeze well but shouldnt be left out for more than a week or so.
These are crisp cookies. I did have to lower the temp. to 375. At 8 minutes the first batch was well browned. Thanks for a nice addition to my Christmas cookie tray.
Just like great grandma made... so easy. With a small cookie press I made over 80 with one batch. They are perfect. But at 400 degrees I only needed them to bake for 6 minutes. Perfect for potluck and cookie exchange.
These little buttery cookies are so good! I made them for my cookie trays and my grandchildren loved picking out their favorite shapes and colors. My oldest helped me make them, so she was so proud! This will be on my trays next year too! Roni