Recipe by CookbookCarrie
A great little cookie that my mom and I make every christmas. I love these and the bring back memories of childhood.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Thoroughly Cream the Butter and Sugar.
- Add the Egg the Vanilla and Almond Extract.
- Beat Well.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together.
- Add to the creamed mixture, mix until smooth.
- Do not chill.
- DO NOT DOUBLE.
- Force Cookies through a cookie press onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Decorate the cookies with redhots, sprinkles or whatever you like.
- Bake in a 400 oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool on newspaper.
- These freeze well but shouldnt be left out for more than a week or so.