- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 quart water
- 2 teaspoons bouillon (beef, chicken or vegetable)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and dry the defrosted spinach.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat and add the onion and spinach. Fry until the onions are soft.
- Dust the flour over the spinach mixture and add the water and bouillon. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the milk and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Slice the hard boiled eggs.
- Divide the soup in 4 bowls, and top each with approximately 1/4 of the egg slices. Serve with bread for a complete light meal.