Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found on this site: http://www.just-recipes.net/. My co-workers love these and frequently ask me to bring some in.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, stir flour, baking powder, salt, 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl at medium speed, beat 1 cup of the sugar and butter until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- At low speed, beat in flour mixture until well blended.
- Divide dough into three portions.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, stir remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion of dough at a time to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- Dip cutters in flour and cut cookies, place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake for 9 to 12 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- Cool cookies on wire racks, store in an airtight container.
Just made these with my two little boys (2 and 3 years old) and they were a big success. I left out the nutmeg as my two boys are not fans of it and added a 1/2 tsp more of cinnamon. Dough was easy to work with and cut without too much mess. We made airplanes and hearts. Both boys were able to roll and cut so they were happy. Both gobbled up their cookie and asked for another one. Thanks for a non chocolate and very delicous treat.