Recipe by Chef Dudo
The smell of all the spices brings back childhood memories. In Sweden there are lots of recipes for this cake. I have translated this one from Swedish and then baked it using the English measurements to be sure everything was OK. A piece of this cake with a cup of tea.......heavenly!
Top Review by Sunny In Florida
The spices make this cake taste so good! I used an 8" pan and it cooked in 48 minutes in my oven. I frosted it with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting recipe #308627 by Linda's Busy Kitchen and my DH had two pieces! I stopped at one but I could easily have had another! Delicious.
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup cranberry jam
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons baking powder or 1 teaspoon baking soda (I use baking powder)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 8x4x3 inch loaf pan or an 8 cup round baking pan.
- Sieve flour with baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and cardamom.
- Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, one by one, keep whipping.
- Add buttermilk and jam, mix.
- Add flour mixture and mix gently.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake on lowest rack in the oven for about 50-60 minutes.
- Test with a skewer that the cake is done.