Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I mentioned to a friend at work that I was looking for something other than a barbeque sauce for pork ribs. The next day she brought me a recipe for "Swedish Spareribs" that her mother had gotten off of the internet-not Zaar. The secret ingredient is allspice. These are so simple to prepare and you probably have all the ingredients in your pantry. These are so flavorful and tender, they take spareribs to a whole new level!
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons ground allspice
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 lbs country-style pork ribs, trimmed
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the pepper, sugar, salt, and allspice.
- Sprinkle over all sides of ribs, making sure to coat evenly.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat, making sure butter does burn.
- Brown ribs on all sides.
- Pour beef broth over ribs, cover the skillet and reduce to low heat. Simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Do not remove the cover during cooking.
These were some of the most favorful ribs I have eaten, however I did find them to be little bit too flavorful. The spices were just too much for me, but the ribs were tender and they would have been perfect with a little less of the spice on them.