- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup rye flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in rye flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix well and add enough water to moisten the dough.
- Roll out onto a floured board, the thinner the dough, the crispier the cookies will be.
- Cut into 2 1/2 inch rounds using cutter or floured glass.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 375°F or until slightly brown.