Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Make and share this Swedish Rye Bread (Bread Machine) recipe from Food.com.
1 1/2 Pound Loaf
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups medium rye flour
- 1 tablespoon gluten
- 1 teaspoon gluten
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated orange zest (or dried orange peel)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons fast rising yeast (or 2 1/2 t. bread machine yeast)
- Add all the ingredients to the pan according to the order in the manufacturer's instructions.
- Set crust on medium and program for the Basic cycle; press Start.
- When the baking cycle ends, immediately remove the bread from the pan and place it on a rack.
- Let cool to room temperature before slicing.