1 hr 10 mins
I got this recipe from allrecipes.com. It makes a very good sweet rye bread. Prep time does not include rising time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- 2Scald milk. Transfer milk to a large bowl, and add salt, molasses, brown sugar, and melted shortening. Cool to lukewarm, and add dissolved yeast.
- 3Add rye flour, beating with mixer. Gradually beat in bread flour.
- 4Place dough in a greased bowl, and turn to coat the surface. Cover with a damp towel and allow to rise till double in bulk in a warm place (1 to 1 1/2 hrs).
- 5Punch down the dough and place on lightly floured board. Knead until dough becomes elastic and does not stick to the board.
- 6Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- 7Divide into 3 equal portions and shape into loaves. Place in greased 9x5 inch bread pans. Let rise until double in bulk.
- 8Bake at 375F (190C) for 35-40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swedish Rye Bread
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.7
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 203.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 3.3 g