Recipe by JenSmith
This is like a rice pudding/jello mold. This is from a recipe clipping that my grandmother kept--I'm not sure exactly which magazine it is from, but it looks like it is from "Country" or "Taste of Home". It looks very pretty in the picture. Seems easy to make too. Original recipe from Lori Jeane Schlect of Wimbledon, ND.
- 2 (3 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 cups sweetened strawberries, to garnish (fresh or frozen) or 3 cups fruit, of your choice to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften gelatin in water; set aside.
- In a heavy 2-quart saucepan, bring rice, milk, sugar and salt to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and cover; cook over low heat until rice is tender, about 15--20 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add gelatin, stirring until dissolved. Cover; chill until partially set.
- In a chilled bowl, whip cream until stiff; fold into the chilled rice mixture.
- Spoon into a 6-cup decorative or ring mold. Cover and chill until set, about 3 hours.
- To unmold, loosen edges with a spatuala and invert onto a serving platter. Serve with sweetened strawberries.