Cook1 hr 30 mins
This family favorite came from my great-grandmother Ida Maria, who was born in 1887. She grew up in Dalarna, a province in Sweden, and moved to the United States when she was 16. And now we prepare this recipe every year for the holidays. I love it! It you want, serve with Lingonberries.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat 4 eggs lightly, add 1 cup sugar and beat a little.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg.
- Add 1 cup cooked rice to the mixture.
- Add 1 can Carnation evaporated milk and stir.
- Pour into a 2 quart dish and add the low-fat milk.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on the top.
- Add butter (small"clicks" on top- each"click" probably 1/2 tablespoon).
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours or until the pudding's top moves a little in the center if you push it gently.