Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This makes a great side dish. This was one of my children's favorite.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen french fries
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Add onions and fries, heat and stir till onions are wilted and fries are hot. Remove from heat, stir in cheese, salt and pepper.
- Pour into shallow baking dish.
- Mix sour cream and eggs together and pour ove fries.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
These were pretty good, but several people weren't crazy about the curd-like consistency of the sour cream/egg mixture. Made for My 3 Chefs (Around the World theme).