Recipe by KookieMomster
These are rich and satisfying. This is the dairy free version. In the recipe I have said to use walnut oil for flavor, but you may use any flavorful oil you like.
- 1 lb baby yellow potato
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons dried dill leaves
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 1⁄4 cup silken tofu
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat canola oil in pan at medium/high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, nutmeg, paprika, and half of the dill.
- Wash potatoes and cut into bite sized, uniform pieces.
- Stir oil and add potatoes and salt, stir to coat.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium or lower and simmer for 1/2 hour or longer. Stir occasionally; turn off heat when potatoes are fork tender.
- Mix remaining dill with lemon juice, tofu and tahini.
- Spoon potatoes into a serving dish with a slotted spoon and drizzle with walnut oil.
- Serve dill sauce with potatoes or pour over them and blend, depending on your tastes.