Top Review by Chef Buggsy Mate
These make a wonderful potato side dish. DS who does not like any potato unless it is French Fried ate his up without complaining and even asked for seconds! I poured half of the sauce over the potatoes and mixed it in while they were still in the warm pot and then drizzled the remainder of the sauce over the potatoes once they were dished up. They are so versatile they can easily accompany fish, beef, pork, our foul. I served them with Broiled Buffalo Wings and and Rosemary butter basted green beans. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe. Made and reviewed for My 3 Chefs 08
- 1 lb baby yellow potato
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons dried dill leaves
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon 2% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in pan at medium/high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, nutmeg, paprika, and half of the dill.
- Wash potatoes and cut into bite sized, uniform pieces.
- Stir butter and add potatoes and salt, stir to coat with butter.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium or lower and simmer for 1/2 hour or longer. Stir occasionally; turn off heat when potatoes are fork tender.
- Mix remaining dill with sour cream and milk, blend well and add lemon juice.
- Spoon potatoes into a serving dish with a slotted spoon to remove excess butter.
- Serve sour cream sauce with potatoes or pour over them and blend, depending on your tastes.