To stuff the casings, you will need a meat grinder with a sausage horn attachment. If you don't have such a device, use the mixture to make fried patties by shaping 1/4 cup of filling into a 1/2 inch thick patty and frying in hot oil until golden brown on both sides. From the local paper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To prepare casings: Let casings soak in cool water about five minutes to remove salt on outer surface (no longer, or they will become too tender to stuff) and flush salt from the inside by placing one end on faucet nozzle and turn on cold tap water (if you see holes or water leaking, cut and discard).
- 2Remove casing from faucet and gently squeeze out water; cover rinsed casings and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 3Using the grinder attachment on mixer or a table grinder; grind meat, potatoes and onions together into a large roasting pan.
- 4Using clean hands, mix the ingredients together with spices.
- 5Add milk and mix again.
- 6Load casings onto funnel nozzle then stuff ground mix into funnel to fill casings into 18-inch length sausage; tie ends and make links by twisting the sausage where you wish the links to be.
- 7Four inches is a good size for a regular serving, smaller links may be made for appetizer servings.
- 8Place the sausages in large saucepan or dutch oven in a single layer with a little water; cover and heat over high heat to a low simmer.
- 9Reduce heat to maintain low simmer (sausages may burst if cooked at too high a heat) until the sausage is heated through, approximately 15 minutes.
- 10Precook sausages before freezing.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swedish Potato Sausage - Potatis Skorv
Serving Size: 1 (10991 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 750.6
- Calories from Fat 383
- Total Fat 42.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 163.1 mg
- Sodium 3162.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 46.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: