Recipe by Linky
Taken from the Everything Nordic Cookbook. Lots of cultures have versions of potato pancakes and the Swedes love theirs with lingonberries!
Top Review by lazyme
I didn't peel my potatoes but did follow the rest of the directions. Very nice potato pancake that we enjoyed with brunch. Thanks Linky for sharing. Congrats on your Football win...again!
- 12 slices bacon, thickly sliced (or salt pork)
- 2 lbs russet potatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt (or less)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon in heavy skillet until crisp. Remove to warm plate. Pour off all but 1 Tbs. bacon fat.
- Peel and coarsely grate potatoes, place in paper towel and squeeze out excess moisture.
- Whisk together milk, egg, flour and salt; fold grated potatoes into batter.
- Heat pan to medium high. Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, transfer batter to pan. Flatten each pancake to 3" diameter. Fry a few minutes on each side until golden.
- Transfer to platter in a warm oven until all are ready.
- Serve with the bacon and lingonberries, if available!