Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Taken from the Everything Nordic Cookbook. Lots of cultures have versions of potato pancakes and the Swedes love theirs with lingonberries!
- 12 slices bacon, thickly sliced (or salt pork)
- 2 lbs russet potatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt (or less)
- Fry bacon in heavy skillet until crisp. Remove to warm plate. Pour off all but 1 Tbs. bacon fat.
- Peel and coarsely grate potatoes, place in paper towel and squeeze out excess moisture.
- Whisk together milk, egg, flour and salt; fold grated potatoes into batter.
- Heat pan to medium high. Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, transfer batter to pan. Flatten each pancake to 3" diameter. Fry a few minutes on each side until golden.
- Transfer to platter in a warm oven until all are ready.
- Serve with the bacon and lingonberries, if available!
I didn't peel my potatoes but did follow the rest of the directions. Very nice potato pancake that we enjoyed with brunch. Thanks Linky for sharing. Congrats on your Football win...again!
Wonderful potato pancakes!!! I made 1/4 of the recipe and I did cheat and use "Simply" Hash browns, which are already peeled, shredded and drained. I have never seen lingonberries at our store, so just topped with a little sour cream and chives. Served these with the bacon on the side and some scrambled eggs for a delicious brunch. Made for your win in the Football Pool!!