Recipe by HokiesMom
Posted for ZWT6 for Scandinavian Region. Found on Scandinaviafood.com. They suggest serving with roasted lamb but I think this would be a great addition to any meat honestly. Very simple to prepare.
Top Review by diner524
We made this for dinner last night to along with Recipe #428645 and it was wonderful. I did use heavy whipping cream and 10 medium potatoes and we subbed gouda cheese for the cheddar which was wonderful. Our consistency wasn't runny at all and it was enjoyed by 8 of us. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT 6.
- 8 -10 medium sized potatoes
- 1 1⁄4 cups cream (I would like light cream would be fine too)
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped (or minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground pepper (or to taste)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated (or Vasterbotten cheese is also recommended)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice potatoes and onion.
- Bring the cream to a boil, add finely chopped garlic, salt and pepper.
- Butter an ovenproof baking dish, then layer potato-slices and onion. Poor the cream-sauce over the potatoes and top with the cheese.
- Bake for about 45 minutes at 440F (225C), then cover the top with aluminum foil and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes.