Recipe by Khandi Howard
A different sort of roast. Slightly sweet with an unusual blend of spices. This was one of my son's favorite meals when he was young.
Top Review by gobruijns
Delicious! What a wonderful mix of flavors. I added potatoes and carrots an hour before it was done. My husband loved it but even more surprisingly, my non-meat loving kid ate her plate clean! Thanks. This will be going in my family faves.
- 3 lbs beef roast or 3 lbs chuck roast or 3 lbs beef brisket
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup red wine (or cider vinegar)
- 1 cup water
- 4 bay leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and pepper; rub into meat.
- Heat pressure cooker, add olive oil and brown meat well on all sides.
- Add onion, garlic, brown sugar dissolved in wine, water, and bay leaves.
- cover securely.
- Place pressure regulator on vent pipe and cook 35 minutes with pressure regulator rocking slowly.
- Let pressure drop of its own accord.
- Or cook at 300 degrees for about 4 hours in a Dutch oven, or cook 8 hrs on low in a crock pot.
- (This is my preferred method.).