A different sort of roast. Slightly sweet with an unusual blend of spices. This was one of my son's favorite meals when he was young.
- Combine nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and pepper; rub into meat.
- Heat pressure cooker, add olive oil and brown meat well on all sides.
- Add onion, garlic, brown sugar dissolved in wine, water, and bay leaves.
- cover securely.
- Place pressure regulator on vent pipe and cook 35 minutes with pressure regulator rocking slowly.
- Let pressure drop of its own accord.
- Or cook at 300 degrees for about 4 hours in a Dutch oven, or cook 8 hrs on low in a crock pot.
- (This is my preferred method.).
Delicious! What a wonderful mix of flavors. I added potatoes and carrots an hour before it was done. My husband loved it but even more surprisingly, my non-meat loving kid ate her plate clean! Thanks. This will be going in my family faves.
Beautiful! The flavours permeated the meat so well - I can't remember enjoying beef as much as tonight! Thank you for a superb recipe!
I was a little wary of the spices used in this because I've never had them with beef. But wow! This was reaaly good. The next time I make it, I'll have to triple the recipe and freeze the leftovers. This one is a keeper! Thanx for sharing!