1/1 Photo of Swedish Pot Roast
Khandi Howard's Note:
A different sort of roast. Slightly sweet with an unusual blend of spices. This was one of my son's favorite meals when he was young.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and pepper; rub into meat.
- 2Heat pressure cooker, add olive oil and brown meat well on all sides.
- 3Add onion, garlic, brown sugar dissolved in wine, water, and bay leaves.
- 5cover securely.
- 6Place pressure regulator on vent pipe and cook 35 minutes with pressure regulator rocking slowly.
- 7Let pressure drop of its own accord.
- 8Or cook at 300 degrees for about 4 hours in a Dutch oven, or cook 8 hrs on low in a crock pot.
- 9(This is my preferred method.).
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swedish Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 636.5
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 224.5 mg
- Sodium 1424.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 29.3 g
- Protein 74.4 g