Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
Paper thin Swedish ginger cookies.
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄8 cups butter
- 1 1⁄8 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground cloves
- 1 3⁄4 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- Mix all ingredients except flour, warm up in pan, then add flour.
- Roll out warm between wax paper sheets.
- Press cookie cutters.
- Remove one side of papaer.
- Press on pan.
- Put in freezer briefly, then peels easily.
- Bake 5 minues at 300-325 degrees.
These cookies are delicious but the directions are a bit off. I tried rolling between wax paper which was fine but it wasn't clear if you press the cookie cutters through the wax paper or how thin to roll them. I found it easier to roll the dough out between the wax paper, remove one side & then place in freezer for a few minutes. Then I cut them, removed them from paper and placed them on pan. You need to let them cool after cooking for a few minutes on the pan before removing them or they crinkle up as you take them off the pan. I made them probably thicker than I should have and needed to bake them between 8 and 10 minutes. Once cooled they were wonderful.