Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe from Bon Appétit. These treats are usually served for dessert following the traditional Thursday night dinner of pea soup. Check out my Hearty Split Pea Soup! Hearty Split Pea Soup!. The classic accompaniment is lingonberries; we use a mixture of the more readily available fresh raspberries and blackberries.
- 2 large eggs
- 236.59 ml milk
- 158.51 ml all-purpose flour
- 3.69 ml ground cardamom
- 1.23 ml salt
- 78.07 ml half-and-half
- 44.37 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 709.78 ml basket raspberries
- 709.78 ml basket blackberries
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml ground cardamom
- unsalted butter, melted
- For pancakes:.
- Blend eggs and 1/3 cup milk in processor until smooth. Add flour, ground cardamom and salt and process until mixture is thick and smooth. With machine running, add remaining 2/3 cup milk, 1/3 cup half and half and 3 tablespoons melted butter and mix batter until smooth. (Pancake batter can be prepared 8 hours ahead. Cover tightly and refrigerate.)For topping:.
- Combine raspberries, blackberries, sugar and ground cardamom in medium bowl. Mix together gently. Let mixture stand until berries are juicy, stirring occasionally, at least 30 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200°F Place oven-proof platter in oven. Heat heavy large griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Brush griddle with melted butter. Working in batches, add batter to skillet, using 1 tablespoonful for each pancake. Cook until pancakes are brown, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to platter in oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter, brushing with more butter as needed.
- Place pancakes on plates. Spoon berry topping over and serve.
Made these for breakfast today. Used frozen fruit as it is more readily available (and cheaper!). Really more like a crepe than a pancake. I made the batter up last night so getting everything together this morning was a breeze. Delightful.
Great recipe Rita! I made 2 bacthes of tghis one batch with cardamon and without so I could put a savory filling in the ones without. Both turned out great. I used blueberies and blackberries for the fruit. I actually served these cold for a picnic today and they were just great chilled. Made for ZWT 3!
These were fantastic! Loved the cardamom. I lazily blitzed all the pancake ingedients except the melted butter in one shot and then added the butter at the end. I let the batter sit for a few hours. This is a terrific dessert that satisfies without being to rich or heavy. Thanks! Made for ZWT3.