Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posted for the Zaar World Tour-Sweden. From the "Best of International Cooking" cookbook. I haven't tried this recipe yet. These are traditionally served with stewed fruit, lingonberry jam and sour cream.
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml milk
- 59.14 ml half-and-half
- 158.51 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 44.37 ml butter, melted
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs; stir in milk and half and half.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt; sprinkle over egg mixture. Gently stir in until batter is smooth. Stir in butter. Let stand 1 hour. Stir batter thoroughly.
- Preheat a plättar pan or 6-inch cast-iron skillet. Grease cups of plättar pan or grease skillet. Spoon 2 rounded Tablespoons batter into each cup or onto skillet; cook about 1 minute on each side until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with fruit or jam.
- Variation: Make 8-inch pancakes. Layer several pancakes with thick lingonberry, bilberry or blackberry jam between them. When cool, frost stack with whipped cream.
I loved these crepes. I did reduce the sugar somewhat but otherwise made them as directed. Thanks for sharing.
Great pancakes!!! These are very thin crepe-like pancakes although not so eggy and wonderful with the fresh sweetened strawberries and whipped cream that I had on mine!! I don't think I have made a pancake recipe that calls for it to sit for an hour, but I did so and it was a little foamy until I then mixed it up again. Served these with some sausage patties for a wonderful brunch!! Thanks for sharing the recipe and congrats again on your football win!!!
I am not the worlds best pancake maker, so I took a previous reviewers idea, and mixed the batter in a blender, that worked out well. Ended up with light, fluffy pancakes, that we really enjoyed. Used one of my Applesauce apple butter recipes for these. Served these with some cooked apple slices, and ended up with 16 (8 inch) pancakes that made for an enjoyable breakfast. Tagged and made for your win in Football Pool.