1/5 Photos of Swedish Pancakes (Plättar)
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Posted for the Zaar World Tour-Sweden. From the "Best of International Cooking" cookbook. I haven't tried this recipe yet. These are traditionally served with stewed fruit, lingonberry jam and sour cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl, beat eggs; stir in milk and half and half.
- 2In another bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt; sprinkle over egg mixture. Gently stir in until batter is smooth. Stir in butter. Let stand 1 hour. Stir batter thoroughly.
- 3Preheat a plättar pan or 6-inch cast-iron skillet. Grease cups of plättar pan or grease skillet. Spoon 2 rounded Tablespoons batter into each cup or onto skillet; cook about 1 minute on each side until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with fruit or jam.
- 4Variation: Make 8-inch pancakes. Layer several pancakes with thick lingonberry, bilberry or blackberry jam between them. When cool, frost stack with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swedish Pancakes (Plättar)
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.2
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 130.0 mg
- Sodium 620.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 7.8 g