Recipe by Bayhill
Posted for the Zaar World Tour-Sweden. From the "Best of International Cooking" cookbook. I haven't tried this recipe yet. These are traditionally served with stewed fruit, lingonberry jam and sour cream.
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml milk
- 59.14 ml half-and-half
- 158.51 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 44.37 ml butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs; stir in milk and half and half.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt; sprinkle over egg mixture. Gently stir in until batter is smooth. Stir in butter. Let stand 1 hour. Stir batter thoroughly.
- Preheat a plättar pan or 6-inch cast-iron skillet. Grease cups of plättar pan or grease skillet. Spoon 2 rounded Tablespoons batter into each cup or onto skillet; cook about 1 minute on each side until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with fruit or jam.
- Variation: Make 8-inch pancakes. Layer several pancakes with thick lingonberry, bilberry or blackberry jam between them. When cool, frost stack with whipped cream.