Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have such great memories of my grandmothers cooking. This was always one of my favorites. Makes a great breakfast, dinner, dessert…whatever!
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine well-beaten eggs and milk.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Add to egg mixture, mixing until smooth.
- Drop small amount of butter (1 tablespoon for 3 inch cake or 2 tablespoons for 6 inch) onto moderately hot buttered griddle (or use small fry pans).
- Spread batter evenly to make thin cake. Turn when underside is lightly browned.
- Serve with real maple syrup or jam or fresh fruit and whipped cream. The possibilities are endless.
- Makes 3 dozen 3 inch cakes.